Skip to content
- These are the terms and conditions that shall apply to your participation in the esports competition entitled “Ireland’s EStars” (the “Competition“). which is being run by First for E Players Limited and First For E Players Ireland Limited (the “Promoter“).
- The Competition is a grass roots esports league, culminating in a live semi-finals and finals event at the 3Arena in Dublin on 13 May 2018. The winning Esports Team shall share a €20,000 cash prize.
- Successful Applicants (defined below) will be invited by the Promoter to join one of 9 esports teams (“Esports Teams“).
- Each Esports Team will represent one of the following football clubs or sponsors: Dundalk FC, Cork City FC, Shamrock Rovers FC, Bray Wanderers, St. Patrick’s Athletic FC, Sligo Rovers, Derry City FC, Bohemian FC, Limerick FC and the Team 3. Applicants can elect a preferred team to represent in the Registration Form (as defined below).
- The league will commence on 13 March 2018, with each Esports Team playing one game per week as set out in the League Calendar (“League Calendar“) which is available at www.estars.pro/schedule. The top 4 teams will be invited to compete in the Semi-finals and Finals on 13 May 2018 at the 3Arena in Dublin.
- The league games will be streamed live on Twitch.
- The Competition is free to enter.
- You are only eligible to apply to enter the Competition if you:
- are over the age of 13. If you are under the age of 18 you must obtain your parent/guardian’s permission to enter before submitting your registration form (the “Registration Form“); and
- submit your Registration Form before the closing date 31st January 2018.
- By submitting your Registration Form you confirm that you are available to participate in the Competition which will be hosted in the Republic of Ireland at the times and locations detailed in the League Calendar. (an “Applicant“).
- The decision of the Promoter, regarding all elements of the application process and the Competition shall be final and binding.
How to apply
- Applicants can enter the Competition by filling out the Registration Form available at www.estars.pro/register. The Registration Form must include the following information:
- You must provide your legal name, your telephone number (or your parent/guardian’s telephone number if under 18), email address and your date of birth (if you are under 18 you must have your parent/guardian’s consent before submitting the Registration Form);
- You must choose your preferred Esports Team to represent in the Competition (Successful Applicants may be chosen to represent Team 3 if their preferred Esports Team is oversubscribed);
- You must provide your Twitter Handle, Twitch Handle and YouTube Handle;
- You must provide us with a short statement or video statement telling the Promoter about you and what makes you stand out from the crowd;
- You must provide your League of Legends Ranking and League Points; and
- You must select your preferred in game role from the drop-down
- Applicants are only entitled to submit one Registration Form each before the closing date 31st January 2018.
- All details and/or information provided by you in your Registration Form or otherwise must be truthful, accurate and in no way misleading.
- The Promoter, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify you from the Competition if you have supplied untruthful, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information, have failed to abide by the Competition Rules (defined below), code of conduct and/or are in breach of these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter will not accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any applications, system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any Registration Forms not being properly received.
- Registration Forms will undergo a review by the Promoter which involves an internal review by the Promoter’s personnel to determine (at their sole discretion) that the Registration Form complies with: (i) any applicable laws and regulations; and (ii) these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter will judge Registration Forms using the following criteria to determine whether an Applicant will qualify as a Successful Applicant:
- League of Legends Ranking, League Points, your preferred in game role and your proven ability to play League of Legends at the level claimed within the Registration Form. The Promoter may seek verification of an Applicant’s skill in playing League of Legends or any other claims made in the Registration Form;
- Your Preferred Team choice will also be taken into account;
- Your social media presence, including the number of your YouTube Subscribers, Twitch Followers and Twitter followers. Applicants should note that any abusive, racist, derogatory behaviour or any other acts committed by an Applicant that may bring the Promoter, Competition or sponsors into disrepute will lead to an automatic disqualification from the Competition;
- Successful Applicants will be provided with the rules of the game, [League of Legends], and a code of conduct that will together form the competition rules (“Competition Rules“). Successful Applicants agree that participation in the Competition is dependent upon complying with the Competition Rules.
- Playoffs may be required to verify the ability of Applicants. Successful Applicants may be invited to compete in the playoffs. The playoffs provide Successful Applicants with the opportunity to compete in a series of offline (LAN) games of League of Legends against other Successful Applicants looking to represent an Esports Team.
- The winners of the playoffs (if such are deemed necessary) will be given the opportunity to represent their preferred Esports Team (or Team 3) in the league.
- The league will commence on 13 March 2018, with each Esports Team playing one game per week at the time and location as set out in the League Calendar.
- The top 4 Esports Teams from the league will qualify to play in the semi-finals and finals.
The Semi-finals and Finals
- The semi-finals and finals will take place at the 3Arena in Dublin on 13 May 2018.
- The winning Esports Team shall share a €20,000 cash prize.
- Semi-finalists will be given the opportunity to enter into a further contract with the Promoter to represent the First for E Players brand in worldwide esports competitions and events.
- By entering the Competition, you agree that any personal information provided by you with the competition entry may be held and used by the Promoter or its agents and suppliers to administer the competition and for promotional purposes.
- You hereby irrevocably grant to the Promoter all consents, licences and any other permission necessary for the Promoter to use any information provided by you in your Registration Form or otherwise and to exploit the same in all media throughout the world in perpetuity without the need for payment to you.
- The exploitation rights of the Competition, including the playoffs, league games, semi-finals and finals belong exclusively to the Promoter. This includes the rights on demos and/or replays of any game within the Competition as well as right to broadcast the games on TV, on the radio or via audio or video stream on the internet. The Promoter has the exclusive right to record broadcasts of the Competition. Demos and replays are files that can be created by the game’s software in order to record the process of the game which can then be reviewed at a later date.
- By submitting your Registration Form and any accompanying material, you agree to assign to the Promoter all your intellectual property rights with full title guarantee; and waive all moral rights, in and to your competition entry and otherwise arising in connection with your entry to which you may now or at any time in the future be entitled under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 as amended from time to time and under all similar legislation from time to time in force anywhere in the world.
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the Competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the prize competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
- The Promoter shall not be liable if the Competition is postponed or cancelled, or where any failure to comply with its obligations results from circumstances or causes beyond its reasonable control, including, but without limitation: acts of God, flood, drought, earthquake or other natural disaster; epidemic or pandemic; terrorist attack, civil war, civil commotion or riots, war, threat of or preparation for war, armed conflict; nuclear, chemical or biological contamination or sonic boom; any law or any action taken by a government or public authority; collapse of buildings, fire, explosion or accident; non-performance by suppliers or subcontractors; and interruption or failure of utility service.
- Riot Games is not involved in the execution or administration of this Competition and any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Competition must be directed to the Promoter.
- These terms and conditions are governed by English law and entrants to the competition submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.