Who are we?
EStars is run by First for E Players Limited, 4 Mason Court, Gillan Way, Penrith 40 Business Park, Penrith, United Kingdom, CA11 9GR and is the Controller in respect of your personal data. If you have any questions about your personal data, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What do we collect?
We collect personal data such as your name, gender, age, email address, preferred venue choice and any other personal data which you may give us when you use our website, services or attend our events.
If you choose to provide it, we may also collect medical information and information about any special conditions you have that we need to know about to let and to try to help you attend one of our events.
If you enter our competitions on social media e.g. by liking one of our Facebook posts, we may collect certain information relating to your social media account including your name, location, email address, date of birth, information from your public profile including friends and connections, log in details, avatar and other information based on your interaction with us. You can manage the data which is shared by these social media providers with us by amending your privacy settings for your social media account.
How do we use your personal data?
We collect this information:
- to let you buy tickets for our events;
- to let you attend and take part in our events;
- to organise and hold our events;
Unfortunately if you don’t give us your information, this means that we can’t let you buy tickets to our events or let you attend our events. However, we will always aim only to collect information which is strictly necessary for these purposes.
We also collect this information:
- for administration reasons (e.g. to let you use our website);
- for analytical purposes (e.g. to see how popular our website is with users); and
- to advertise and promote our EStars events and competitions (this means that we might send you emails about upcoming events).
Unless you don’t want us to, we may use your email address to tell you about other things happening at EStar, like upcoming events. If you want to opt out of receiving this information, please email us at email@example.com.
Legal reason for collecting and holding your information
We collect your information mostly because it is essential for us to do so, in order to provide the services we are set up to provide. In the legal wording, it is our “legitimate interests” to do so, and it doesn’t unfairly affect your own rights.
We also collect information to enable us to enter into contracts with you (for instance, for the sale of tickets to events).
We photograph and video our events for advertising and promotional purposes. We might also stream our events live online. By attending or participating at our events, we, our sponsors and the venues may use your name, photographs and/or video footage for these purposes. If you win one of our events, competitions or prizes we, our sponsors and the venues may publicly post your name and photos and videos of you (such as on a winners’ page on our website).
This is necessary to perform our contract with you and to fulfil our obligations to our broadcasting partners. If however you have any concerns about this, please do talk to us and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We share your data with:
- StubHub and SAP (who sell the tickets to our events through our website);
- companies that sponsor or advertise our EStars events;
- the venues where we hold our events (for example, if you have let us know in advance, we will let the venues know if you have any special conditions which mean that you may need additional help to attend and take part in our events e.g. wheelchair access);
- other companies that help us run our website and events; and
- companies that send you emails about our upcoming events (e.g. MailChimp).
We will only transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area in accordance with data protection laws.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We will normally keep your personal data only for as long as we need it to help us do the thing we needed the data for (e.g. to let you attend our events and to deal with any follow up administration issues). In any event, we will not keep your personal data for longer than 2 years after the end of the year on which we collect that data.
You have the right to:
- be told how we use your information.
- ask to see the information we hold about you.
- ask us to change information you think is wrong.
- ask us to remove information when it’s not needed anymore.
- ask us to only use your information in certain ways.
- tell us you don’t want your information to be used anymore.
If you want to speak to someone else about how we use your data, you can call the people who are in charge of personal data and information, called the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) whose website is https://ico.org.uk/.